Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Clerk supports Finance operations by performing various administrative and routine accounting task.
NOTE: This is a temporary full-time 6 month opportunity effective immediately and based in-office in Kelowna.
A typical day includes:
• Work closely with the Client Services (CS) department to determine billings and verify invoices
• Prepare and issues documents related to accounts such as invoices, account statements and other financial reports/statements using computerized and manual systems
• Perform accounts receivables and general accounting support functions including payables, bank deposits, reconciliations, data entry and reports generation
• Verify and reconcile transactions such as contracts, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions and enter information into computer software
• Work with CS and follow up on delinquent accounts, maintaining positive relationships with clients
• Assist the Controller with complex reconciliations between two different software applications
• Assist with general office administration support functions such as maintaining office supplies, event planning, ordering and stocking supplies
• Excellent customer service skills
• Detail and process oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• Proven organizational abilities to prioritize tasks and handle changing work priorities
• A confident communicator
• Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A proven aptitude for working with numbers and the ability to interpret financial information, with a strong understanding of basic accounting and general office procedures
• Strong MS Office, Sage and other computerized financial software skills
• Previous accounting experience preferred, along with a Business-related diploma (Bookkeeping, Accounting, Administration).
Position to remain open until filled.