The Client Services Support Technician
Creating Value Through Intelligent Connectivity
SKYTRAC provides critical connectivity solutions to thousands of end users across the globe. With more than 800 customers operating 8,000+ aircraft on all seven continents, our commitment to excellence has established us as a trusted partner within the aerospace sector. As a provider of satellite and cellular airtime, as well as mission services to multiple segments of aviation, operators, systems integrators, and aircraft manufacturers rely on SKYTRAC as a capable and committed technology partner.
Our work helps aerial firefighters save our forests, allows search and rescue teams navigate dangerous environments, provides coast guards and militaries with mission-critical capabilities, and helps empower humanitarian missions around the world.
Since 1986, SKYTRAC has been home to talented professionals seeking to make a difference through the development of cutting-edge software and hardware used in the complex aerospace sector.
Engineer your career with SKYTRAC
Follow us on LinkedIn
The Client Services Support Technician plays a crucial role in delivering exceptional end to end technical support and assistance to clients by leveraging in-depth product knowledge and troubleshooting expertise. This role involves addressing client inquiries, resolving technical issues, and offering hardware and software advice to clients using Latitude/SKYTRAC products worldwide.
This role is based out of our Kelowna, BC office location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide timely and accurate technical assistance to clients in all aspects of Latitude/SKYTRAC Systems hardware/software service offerings via various communication channels, including phone, email, and chat.
- Utilize product knowledge to address a wide range of inquiries related to product functionality, usage, and troubleshooting.
- Diagnose and analyze root cause of technical issues for Satcom products reported by clients. Offer effective solutions or workarounds to resolve problems
- Escalate complex technical issues to Internal Engineering Teams and Technical Lead when necessary
- Maintain (and consult) internal and external technical documentation including User Guides/Technical Manuals
- Contribute to the creation and updating of knowledge base articles, FAQs, and troubleshooting guides.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive understanding of the company's products, their features, capabilities, and limitations
- Provide end-user training as required (on site and online)
- Work closely with the Network Manager, Sales Representatives and liaise with Engineering and Finance groups
- Support additional Client Services related projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
- A recognized technical designation in IT Networking/Computer Science
- 5 years’ experience providing end to end technical client support with satcom products
- Experience working with job specific software such as SVN, Hubspot, Confluence/JIRA, Sharepoint and MS Nav
- Experience working with aviation clients’ and AME’s.
- Familiar with aircraft wiring diagrams and Iridium satellite technology
- Experience in Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word)
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written
- An aptitude to quickly learn new platforms and absorb hardware and software product knowledge
- Customer service focused, with positive, professional and enthusiastic communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and research skills, able to find a logical path to solving problems
- A proficient reader and writer of technical documentation
- Able to coordinate cross-functional resources to resolve technical customer issues
- Natural aptitude to prioritize, multitask, and work under pressure
- A self-starter and able to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced environment