Creating Value Through Intelligent Connectivity
SKYTRAC, an aerospace leader in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite communications and intelligent connectivity, provides innovative technology solutions to some of the world’s largest organizations.
Our work helps aerial firefighters save our forests, allows search and rescue teams navigate dangerous environments, provides coast guards and militaries with mission-critical capabilities, and helps empower humanitarian missions around the world. Our technologies can be found on fixed-wing, rotorcraft, and uncrewed aerial vehicles on all seven continents.
Since 1986, SKYTRAC has been home to talented professionals seeking to make a difference through the development of cutting-edge software and hardware used in the complex aerospace sector.
The Manager, Production Operations plays a crucial role in managing the company’s resources, driving for increased productivity and improvement of delivery times, while at the same time increasing profits and reducing costs. The skilled manager will have a proven track record in managing production teams.
This is an in-office position based in Kelowna, BC.
A typical day includes:
• Oversee and support all aspects of the Manufacturing and Maintenance operations; achieving goals and driving for the highest performance while ensuring quality process are diligently followed
• Lead and manage a team of supervisors and line workers, setting them up for success to ensure optimal performance and productivity
• Work closely with the Production Supervisor to understand the intricacies of their role; stepping in as required to maintain continuity in their absence
• Ensure product is shipped within the agreed to timelines, to the highest quality standard and within cost objectives
• Provide weekly and monthly status reports on all aspects of the operations
• Monitor and track the Manufacturing and Maintenance process for efficiencies and improvements
• Work closely with the Supply Chain team to assist in vendor selection and inventory requirements to meet sales demands
• Execute on Sales, Inventory, Operations and Planning carefully integrating sales, marketing, supply chain, operations, product management, procurement, pricing, and finance with the executive team
• Liaise with other stakeholders to understand requirements and execute objectives efficiently and effectively; facilitate timely communications and collaborate to close any operational gaps
• Forecast and monitor costs and staying within allocated budgets and preparing applicable reports
• Implement, monitor and maintain operational strategies as directed by senior management
• Oversee and monitor Key Performance Indicators for all areas of Operations ensuring performance is met and reporting on a weekly or monthly basis
• Maintain a safe working environment by enforcing safety protocols and promoting a culture of safety awareness
• Ensure strict adherence to Quality standards processes and Transport Canada regulations
• Post-secondary Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Business or a related field
• Minimum of 3 years’ leadership experience in manufacturing operations management, with a strong track record of achieving production goals in a related regulated business industry
• Excellent leadership and team management skills
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities, with a data-drive approach to decision making
• Technically proficient
• Adaptable, able to work in a constantly changing and dynamic production environment supporting a high mix of products
• Ability to travel within North America
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Knowledge of aviation manufacturing techniques and procedures is an asset
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications is an asset
• Knowledge of electrical product commodities is an asset
WHY JOIN SKYTRAC?
• Job training to rapidly onboard you into the aerospace sector
• Extended medical, dental, and vision health care plans
• Performance-based bonus program with annual salary reviews
• Team and company social activities and gatherings
• Supportive of work life balance with days off outside of vacation entitlement
Position to remain open until filled.