Program Manager - Contracts (Account Manager - Sales)
Creating Value Through Intelligent Connectivity
SKYTRAC provides critical connectivity solutions to thousands of end users across the globe. With more than 800 customers operating 8,000+ aircraft on all seven continents, our commitment to excellence has established us as a trusted partner within the aerospace sector. As a provider of satellite and cellular airtime, as well as mission services to multiple segments of aviation, operators, systems integrators, and aircraft manufacturers rely on SKYTRAC as a capable and committed technology partner.
Our work helps aerial firefighters save our forests, allows search and rescue teams navigate dangerous environments, provides coast guards and militaries with mission-critical capabilities, and helps empower humanitarian missions around the world.
Since 1986, SKYTRAC has been home to talented professionals seeking to make a difference through the development of cutting-edge software and hardware used in the complex aerospace sector.
Engineer your career with SKYTRAC
Follow us on LinkedIn
Reporting to Program Management leadership, this role will have significant visibility being primarily focused on execution of contracts as it relates to fulfillment of customer orders. This includes supporting proposal preparation and contract negotiation, and leading contract administration and customer contact activities to provide and ensure proper contract execution in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer requirements.
This position will coordinate closely with the Sales, Engineering, Production, and Customer Service teams and is based out of our Kelowna, BC office location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as the primary interface with the customer for contractual obligations, ensuring execution
- Perform customer contract review in conjunction with Sales, Legal, Production, and Engineering
- Meet the contractual compliance obligations for the customer as well as legislative, and environmental requirements
- Reviews sales forecast for upcoming expected orders and identify any expected issues that could impact customer orders and STC (Supplemental Type Certificates) requirements
- Attends sales hand-off meetings
- Design product scope and product requirements for contracts ensuring the final product meets stakeholders' expectations
- Provide clear direction and general guidance to internal stakeholders, ensuring that these are translated and enforced into action to meet goals
- Participate in product development prioritization decisions ensuring that the program aligns with the overall business objectives
- Maintain the highest standards of customer service by immediately attending to and resolving issues
- Maintain accurate records, historical information and tracks issues to closure
- Perform budget planning and analysis to ensure each program stays on track financially and achieves its goals within the allocated resources
- Develop and implement business process initiatives to optimize operations in accordance with overall business objectives
- 10 years’ matrix management experience within the aerospace industry
- 5 years’ experience driving customer engagement in business development
- 5 years’ proven experience in a management role with P&L accountability
- Aviation industry experience within a technical discipline such as engineering or flight operations
- Experience in the execution of contracts within the aerospace domain
- International experience in sales, operations, or customer support
- Experience in ensuring compliance in aviation SMS (Safety Management Systems) and CRM (Crew Resource Management Systems)
- Managing International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) compliance requirements
- Extensive knowledge of both helicopter and fixed-wing operations, with flying experience an asset
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service focus in a complex environment
- A keen eye for detail with superior organizational skills to manage multiple, complex projects
- Exceptional people skills, with an ability to work closely and cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Professional presentation and demeanor
- Self-starter mentality that is excited by autonomy and being the point person, and has a relentless drive to exceed expectations
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally
While not mandatory, candidates will benefit from any of the following:
- Knowledgeable of satellite networks and mobile communications (e.g. Iridium, Globalstar)
- Experience working with an ISO9001/AS9100 quality system
- Graduate degree in finance, business, or similar (MBA preferred).