Senior Human Resources Administrator
SKYTRAC Systems & Latitude Technologies are located in Kelowna and Victoria, British Columbia. We are one of the world’s leading developers and manufacturers of wireless data management solutions for aviation, land, and marine transportation industries, delivering certified satellite-based data and voice communications systems and onboard wireless terminals and transceivers to customers worldwide. Today, our data acquisition hardware is installed by clients around the globe and our SkyWeb data management system is the go-to tool for over 7,000 users. As of 2020 SKYTRAC and Latitude operate as one company within the ACR Aviation Group. We are a company on the move and are looking for great people to grow with us.
We are currently seeking an experienced
Senior Human Resources Administrator
responsible for developing coordinating and implementing human resource practices,
objectives and metrics to support the organization.
Reporting to the VP Finance & Administration, the Sr. Human Resources Administrator will plan, develop and administer HR programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals and objectives of the company. Located in the beautiful city of Kelowna, British Columbia the successful candidate can expect to receive a highly competitive compensation and benefits package as well as up to 10% bonus, 50/50 medical benefits, employee assistance plan, and paid professional development and position-related educational opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Planning and Consultation (approx. 20%)
· Identify short-term and long-term planning requirements.
- Provide consultation and guidance to executive team related to company culture, ethics, compliance and legal matters.
- Provide consultation and guidance to executive team on change management principles.
- Liaise with external organizations, vendors and lawyers in relation to human resources outsourced services and issues.
- Program Development, Implementation, Administration and Evaluation (approx. 50%)
- Develop, implement, and review HR policies & procedures to improve company practices.
- Create and maintain an employee handbook that is compliant with current HR legislation and regulations.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate HR initiatives and training systems such as recruitment and selection, orientation, performance management, employee relations, training and development, leadership development, compensation and rewards and recognitions.
- Provide current and prospective employees information regarding policies, job duties, working conditions, career progression and compensation/total benefits.
- Ensure accurate job descriptions are in place.
- Develop and implement a performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
- Support employees and managers in performance and disciplinary matters.
- Monitor the implementation of a performance improvement process with nonperforming employees.
- Manage employee communication and feedback through the development of a Comprehensive Communication Plan including items such as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, to measure employee satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Utilize Human Resources software to set, measure, track HR metrics; prepare and analyze reports.
- Administer and manage STD/LTD/WCB claims and return to work process of employees and coordinate leave of absence programs; represent company for related investigations or hearings.
- Conduct exit interviews manage retention strategies, employee satisfaction, productivity and succession planning.
Coaching and Advising (approx.30%)
- Collaborate with Managers to cultivate consistency in employee training, motivation and engagement in the mission, standards and vision of the organization.
- Coach and train managers and supervisors in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with their employees.
- Handle staff inquiries regarding Human Resource issues by investigating and responding appropriately.
- Promote a high level of employer-employee relationships and morale.
- Review, guide, and approve management recommendations for employment terminations and assist with the termination process.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in an HR role, with demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team and provide overall company leadership and direction.
- Related degree or diploma in Human Resources, Business, or Organizational Development, and a CHRP designation (or working to complete the certification process) is required.
- Proven track record of results through HR initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current HR ‘best practices’ and experience in employment law, labour standards, compensation, organizational planning/development, recruitment, employee relations and engagement, workplace safety, employee engagement, training and development.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships, coach and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, collaboration, conflict management and problem-solving skills with the ability to negotiate, persuade and effectively influence others.
- Proven ability to set and meet deadlines to achieve results.
- Proficient in MS Office and HRIS systems, including reporting features.
Don’t Miss This Opportunity to Apply!
If you are a committed and motivated individual who meets our qualifications please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com subject “Human Resources Administrator” for consideration.