Supply Chain Coordinator
Creating Value Through Intelligent Connectivity
SKYTRAC provides critical connectivity solutions to thousands of end users across the globe. With more than 800 customers operating 8,000+ aircraft on all seven continents, our commitment to excellence has established us as a trusted partner within the aerospace sector. As a provider of satellite and cellular airtime, as well as mission services to multiple segments of aviation, operators, systems integrators, and aircraft manufacturers rely on SKYTRAC as a capable and committed technology partner.
Our work helps aerial firefighters save our forests, allows search and rescue teams navigate dangerous environments, provides coast guards and militaries with mission-critical capabilities, and helps empower humanitarian missions around the world.
Since 1986, SKYTRAC has been home to talented professionals seeking to make a difference through the development of cutting-edge software and hardware used in the complex aerospace sector.
Engineer your career with SKYTRAC
Follow us on LinkedIn
Reporting to the Director, Production Operations, the Supply Chain Coordinator will purchase, receive and ship products, parts, and services under the strict guidelines of the Quality Management System.
This position is located in-office in Kelowna.
A typical day includes:
- Prepare and execute shipment of product including maintaining shipping records, keeping accurate documentation, and interacting with freight agents for export.
- Navigating through customs procedures to support resolving issues with export shipments
- Ensuring shipping schedule is maintained
- Maintaining inventory of shipping supplies
- Creating/maintaining shipper-courier relationship
- Shipping document management (waybills, customs documentation, etc.)
- Inspect incoming goods and packages based on written procedures and measurements while adhering to engineering drawings
- Complete the Incoming Receiving Checklist as per quality procedures
- Conversing with vendors and internal quality staff on missing requirements, documents or non-conformances
- Prepare and execute purchase orders and or service agreements as required while ensuring approval processes strictly followed
- Monitoring price increases and communicating changes as necessary
- Research, identify and recommend alternate and or future vendors for components and services based on quality, service, and overall costs
- Reviewing vendor acknowledgements and updating delivery status and expected receipt dates
- Inventory Control including conducting counts as required
- Building and maintaining vendor relationships including KPI and performance reviews
- High level of computer literacy, specifically MS Office
- High degree of manual dexterity
- Ability to lift and move heavy boxes
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Highly detailed, efficient and organized
- A self-starter comfortable working in a team environment as well as individually
- A pleasant disposition and accommodating attitude
- Well developed customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills - both verbally and written
- Ability to efficiently problem-solve
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with customs procedures to support resolving issues with export shipments
- Experience in a related position
- Experience dealing with couriers and shipping worldwide for export
- Preferably a college diploma or supply chain management or equivalent combination of experience and education working with inventory or MRP systems
WHY JOIN SKYTRAC?
- Job training to rapidly onboard you into the aerospace sector
- Extended medical, dental, and vision health care plans
- Performance-based bonus program with annual salary reviews
- Team and company social activities and gatherings
- Supportive of work life balance with days off outside of vacation entitlement
- Work in a newly renovated manufacturing space